Withholding Order [Education] Law and Legal Definition
According to 34 CFR 34.3 [Title 34 – Education; Subtitle A -- Office of the Secretary, Department of Education; Part 34 -- Administrative Wage Garnishment], the term withholding order (a) means “any order for withholding or garnishment of pay issued by this Department, another Federal agency, a State or private non-profit guaranty agency, or a judicial or administrative body.
(b) For purposes of this part, the terms "wage garnishment order" and "garnishment order" have the same meaning as "withholding order."
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 504 Plan [Education]
- Abrogation [Education]
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) Program [Education]
- Academic Department [Education]
- Academic Field [Education]
- Accreditation (Education)
- Accredited Educational Institution
- Accrediting Agency [Education]
- ACG Scheduled Award [Education]
- Achievement-Based Education