Yard Law and Legal Definition
A yard means :
- a unit of length equal to 3 feet or 36 inches. International yard is the most commonly used yard and it is equal to 0.9144 metre.
- the grass covered grounds that immediately surrounds a house
- a small walled area adjacent to a building and which is open to sky
- the grounds of a building or group of buildings
- an enclosure for livestock
- a piece of building joined together for the use and accommodation of the inhabitants of a house.
- grounds of building or group of buildings
- a region with or without building reserved for some work or business