General Legal Principle Law and Legal Definition
General legal principle or general principle of law refers to a principle that is widely recognized by people whose legal order has attained a certain level of sophistication. It could also be a principle that is recognized in all kinds of legal relations, regardless of the legal system to which it belongs like the state law, federal law or international law.
In the context of international law, it refers to a principle that gives rise to international legal obligations.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accepted Analytical Principle
- Accounting Principles Board
- Adjutant General
- American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators [ABMDI]
- Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Association of Legal Administrators
- Attorney General
- Attorney General's Bill Letters
- Attorney General's Equitable Sharing Program
- Attorney General's Opinion