General Usage Law and Legal Definition
General usage refers to a usage that prevails throughout a country. It must not be restricted to a particular region. A general usage is usually used in a particular trade or a profession in a country.
In Glendale Woolen Co. v. Protection Ins. Co., 21 Conn. 19 (Conn. 1851), the court held that a general usage necessary to be proved, if it existed at all, existed irrespective of municipal lines such as the boundaries of towns, counties, or states.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Adjutant General
- Attorney General
- Attorney General's Bill Letters
- Attorney General's Equitable Sharing Program
- Attorney General's Opinion
- Commercial General Liability Coverage
- Comprehensive General Liability Policy
- Comptroller General of the United States
- Course of Dealing and Trade Usage
- Delegated Function Related To General Vessel Safety Assessment