Geography Law and Legal Definition
Geography is a science involving the study of the surface of the earth, the location and distribution of its physical and cultural features, the areal patterns or places that they form, and the interrelation of these features as they affect humans.
Increasingly, geographers are utilizing geographic information systems (GIS) technology to create computerized maps that can track information such as population growth, traffic patterns, environmental hazards, natural resources, and weather patterns. They then use the information to advise governments on the development of houses, roads, or landfills.
Legal Definition list
- Geographically Remote Area (Trademark)
- Geographical Territory (Trademark)
- Geographical Part of the United States
- Geographical Indications
- Geographic Service Area [Transportation]
- Geologic Repository Operations Area [Energy]
- Geologic Repository [Energy]
- Geologic Setting [Energy]
- Geological Surveys