Government Pension Plan Law and Legal Definition
Pursuant to 31 USCS § 9502 (Title 31, Money and Finance; Subtitle VI, Miscellaneous; Chapter 95, Government Pension Plan Protection), government pension plan means “a pension, annuity, retirement, or similar plan (except a plan covered under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (29 U.S.C. 1001 et seq.) or a plan or program financed by contributions required under chapter 21 or 22 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954  (26 U.S.C. 3101 et seq., 3201 et seq.) established or maintained by an agency, for any of its officers or employees, regardless of the number of participants covered by the plan; and includes –
(i) the Civil Service Retirement System.
(ii) the Coast Guard Retirement System.
(iii) the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service Retirement System.
(iv) the Farm Credit District Retirement Plans.
(v) the Federal Home Loan Bank Board Retirement Systems.
(vi) the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation Plan.
(vii) the Federal Reserve Employees Retirement Plans.
(viii) the Foreign Service Retirement and Disability System.
(ix) judicial plans.
(x) the Military Retirement System.
(xi) the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Retirement System.
(xii) nonappropriated fund plans.
(xiii) the Tennessee Valley Authority Retirement System."
Legal Definition list
- Government Owned Invention [Patents]
- Government of a Foreign Country
- Government Obligation
- Government National Mortgage Association [GNMA]
- Government Mortgage
- Government Pension Plan
- Government Printing Office
- Government Procurement
- Government Procurement Contract
- Government Publication
- Government Securities
Related Legal Terms
- 401 K Plans
- 504 Plan [Education]
- Abuses of Governmental Power Identified Under “Watergate”
- Accompanying the Federal Government Outside the United States
- Accountable Reimbursement Plan
- Accumulation plan [Internal Revenue]
- Acquisition Planning
- Administrator of an Employee Benefit Plan
- Affidavit for Suspension of Fee/Cost
- Agricultural Resource Management Plan