Group Home Law and Legal Definition
A group home is an alternative to traditional in-home foster care for children, in which children are housed in an intimate or home-like setting, in which a number of unrelated children live for varying periods of time with a single set of house parents, or with a rotating staff of trained caregivers. More specialized therapeutic or treatment group homes have specially-trained staff to assist children with emotional and behavioral difficulties. The make-up and staffing of the group home varies according to the needs of its residents.
There are also group homes for other types of residents, such as troubled teens, or physically or mentally disabled adults. They are generally aimed at providing residents with skills needed to become a productive member of society and integrate into successful independent living.
Legal Definition list
- Group Health Plan Number (Health Care)
- Group Health Plan
- Group Boycott
- Group Annuity
- Group Home
- Group Insurance
- Group Officially Affiliated with any Other Title 36 Youth Group [Education]
- Group Officially Affiliated with the Boy Scouts [Education]
- Group Practice Facility [Banks & Banking]
- Group Practice Unit or Organization [Banks & Banking]