Guild Law and Legal Definition
A guild means :
- an association of craftsmen in a particular trade formed to protect mutual interests and maintain standards;
- a group of species that share a similar ecological niche by exploiting same resources in same way;
- a group of trades people made up of merchants, craftspeople, or artisans, particularly in the middle Ages;
- a society of a particular trade;
- a group of individuals who associate for a common purpose;
- a formal association of people with common interests.