Health Care Clearinghouse Law and Legal Definition
Health care clearinghouse means a public or private entity used to process or aid in the processing of health information received from another entity in a nonstandard format into standard format or nonstandard data content into standard data content. It includes a repricing company billing service, community health management information system, community health information system, and "value-added" switches and networks.
The term "health care clearinghouse” is defined under 42 USCS § 1320d (2) as a public or private entity that processes or facilitates the processing of nonstandard data elements of health information into standard data elements.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accelerated Benefits (Health Care)
- Accumulation Value (Health Care)
- Actual Age (Health Care)
- Actuarial Equivalent (Health Care)
- Acute Care
- Additional Health Services
- Adequate Parental Care
- Adequate Veterinary Care
- Admitting Privileges (Health Care)
- Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS)