Health Fund Law and Legal Definition
Health fund in the context of health care means an account set up in order to help the beneficiaries of the health insurance plan to pay the cost incurred for the health care services. Health fund can be either a fund in which both the insurer and beneficiary donates and a fund in which the beneficiary alone donates or the insurer alone donates.
Health fund is administered through the Office of the Secretary of U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, to provide expanded and sustained national investment in prevention and public health programs. Health fund mainly provides support for programs on prevention, wellness and public health activities, including prevention research and health screenings and initiatives, such as immunization programs, community transformation grant program, and education and outreach campaign for preventive benefits.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 107th Meridian Escrow Fund
- Accelerated Benefits (Health Care)
- Accumulation Value (Health Care)
- Actual Age (Health Care)
- Actuarial Equivalent (Health Care)
- Additional Funds Needed [AFN]
- Additional Health Services
- Administrative Subdivision of Funds
- Administrative Takedown Funds [Transportation]
- Admitting Privileges (Health Care)