Heart Attack Standard Law and Legal Definition
Heart attack standard refers to a finding or allegation that employment conditions are unusual or extraordinary to cause mental disorder or a heart attack.
Heart attack standard balances the employee's interests with the employer's interests and provides a framework to ensure that the claimant shows that s/he suffered a work-related injury. The standard requires a claimant to prove exposure to unusual or extraordinary circumstances in a mental-mental injury claim is consistent with the heightened burden required to prove a claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress claims, a cause of action that also allows recovery for mental injuries in the absence of physical injury.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 3-A Sanitary Standards and Accepted Practice
- Accounting Professional Standards
- Advertising Standards
- American National Standards Institute
- American Standard Code for Information Interchange
- American Zoo and Aquarium Association (AZA) Accreditation Standards
- ANSI Standard
- Anthracite Standards Law
- Area Standards Picketing
- Asbestos Mill [National Emission Standard for Asbestos]