High-Need Field [Education] Law and Legal Definition
According to 34 CFR 686.2 (d) [Title 34 – Education; Subtitle B -- Regulations of the Offices of the Department of Education; Chapter VI -- Office of Postsecondary Education, Department of Education; Part 686 -- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program; Subpart A -- Scope, Purpose, and General Definitions], the term high-need field includes the following:
“(1) Bilingual education and English language acquisition.
(2) Foreign language.
(4) Reading specialist.
(6) Special education.
(7) Another field documented as high-need by the Federal Government, a State government or an LEA, and approved by the Secretary and listed in the Department's annual Teacher Shortage Area Nationwide Listing (Nationwide List) in accordance with 34 CFR 682.210(q).”
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 504 Plan [Education]
- Abrogation [Education]
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) Program [Education]
- Academic Department [Education]
- Academic Field [Education]
- Accreditation (Education)
- Accredited Educational Institution
- Accrediting Agency [Education]
- ACG Scheduled Award [Education]
- Achievement-Based Education