Housing Specialist Law and Legal Definition
Housing specialist in legal parlance is a person who provides pretrial mediation in landlord/tenant cases to reach a settlement. Housing specialist also gives information to those litigants about community resources.
In the context of real estate, housing specialist is a person who provides monitoring of and technical assistance to local agencies in the administration of housing and urban development programs in accordance with law. S/he provides information and assistance on any of the programs funded through the Division of Housing to organizations and individuals. Duties are carried out within a geographic area assigned by the division of housing of the state.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Affordable Housing
- Affordable Housing Restriction
- Basic Allowance for Housing
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Certified International Property Specialist
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Community Housing Development Organization [HUD]
- Community-Based Nonprofit Housing Developer [Banks & Banking]
- Comprehensive Housing Plan
- Congregate Housing