Human Security Law and Legal Definition
Human security refers to the freedom from violence and fear of violence. It is the preservation and protection of the life and dignity of individual human beings The objective of human security is to guarantee a set of vital rights and freedom to all without unduly compromising their ability to pursue other goals.
Human security holds that a people-centered view of security is necessary for national, regional, and global stability. The United Nations Development Program’s 1994 Human Development Report (HDR) encompasses everything that constitutes freedom from want and freedom from fear in human security.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Abandoned Security Property [Agriculture]
- Access Control List [National Security]
- Access Control Mechanism [National Security]
- Accessible Space [National Security]
- Adverse Claim on Security
- Agricultural Biosecurity
- Alternate COMSEC Custodian [National Security]
- Alternative Security Program
- American Convention on Human Rights
- American Society of Industrial Security [ASIS]