Illegal Adoption Law and Legal Definition
An illegal adoption is an adoption that is done in violation of adoption laws. Abuses in adoption process are much prevalent. The Hague Adoption Convention was established to help prevent such abuses. An illegal adoption may result from abuses such as: abduction of children, the sale of children, traffic in children, and other illegal or illicit activities against children.
An illegal adoption may be mainly in two forms:
Illegal actions or misconduct from an adoption agencies.
Black market adoptions.
Additionally, illegal adoption may result of mistakes made by adoptions agencies, courts and poorly advised prospective parents.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Abandonment [Intercountry Adoption]
- Accredited Agency [Adoption]
- Accredited Body [Adoption]
- Accrediting Entity [Adoption]
- Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS)
- Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA)
- Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980
- Adoption Disruption
- Adoption Dissolution