Immediate Family Law and Legal Definition
Immediate family refers to a person’s parents, spouse, children, and siblings and will also include the parent’s spouse. Usually step children and adopted children and their spouses are included under the purview of immediate family.
An example of a Missouri Statute defining immediate family is the Missouri Code of State Regulations,19 CSR 15-7.021 (18) (H). It defines immediate family as follows:
An immediate family member is defined as a parent; sibling; child by blood, adoption, or marriage; spouse; grandparent or grandchild.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Adolescent Family Life Act
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Procedures (Family Law)
- Blank Consent [Family Law]
- Career and Family
- Corporate America Family Credit Union [CAFCU]
- Corporate Family
- Covered Multifamily Dwellings [HUD]
- Default Jurisdiction [Family Law]
- Displaced Family
- Economically Disadvantaged Family or Individual