Independent Contractor (Gaming Law) Law and Legal Definition
An independent contractor generally is a person, business, or corporation that provides goods or services to another entity under terms specified in a contract. An independent contractor with regard to gaming is a person who provides services to an authority which regulates gaming in a state. It does not work regularly for the entity but works on requirement. Independent contractors are usually paid a fee for their service.
The following is an example of a state statute (Pennsylvania) defining the term Independent Contractor :
According to 4 Pa.C.S. § 1103 Independent Contractor is a person who performs professional, scientific, technical, advisory or consulting services for the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board for a fee, honorarium or similar compensation pursuant to a contract.
Legal Definition list
- Independent Contractor (Gaming Law)
- Independent Contractor
- Independent Agent (Gaming Law)
- Independent Agent
- Independent Agency
- Independent Contractors Accountants
- Independent Contractors Appraisers
- Independent Contractors Consultants
- Independent Contractors Distributors
- Independent Contractors Engineers
- Independent Counsel