Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital Services Law and Legal Definition
Inpatient psychiatric hospital services refer to inpatient hospital services provided by a psychiatric hospital which includes treatment for serious mental disorder. Inpatient psychiatric hospitals services vary from short-term or outpatient therapy for low-risk patients to long term care or permanent care such as routine assistance, treatment or a specialized and controlled environment. It also includes inpatient services offered to psychiatric medically infirm, gero-psychiatric units, alcohol and drug addiction treatment facilities, mental health clinics, day hospitals, day treatment centers, and others.
The term "inpatient psychiatric hospital services" is defined under 42 USCS § 1395x (c) as inpatient hospital services furnished to an inpatient of a psychiatric hospital.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Action for the Loss of Services
- Actuarial Services [Employee Retirement]
- Acute Psychiatric Hospital
- Additional Health Services
- Administrative Support Services [Education]
- Adult Day Services (ADS) (Health Care)
- Adult Protective Services
- Advisory and Assistance Services