Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System [IPEDS] Law and Legal Definition
The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) is established by the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES). IPEDS is a division of the U.S. Department of Education. IPEDS is a system of interrelated surveys conducted annually. IPEDS surveys are designed to collect data from all primary providers of postsecondary education. IPEDS gathers information from every institution that participates in the federal student financial aid programs.
IPEDS surveys include information on:.
(1) enrollment of students, undergraduate, first-time freshmen, graduate and first-professional students by status;
(2) institutional revenue and expenditure patterns by source of income and type of expense;
(3)salaries of full-time instructional faculty by academic rank and tenure status;
(4)awards by type of program, level of award;
(5)characteristics of postsecondary institutions; and
(6)status of postsecondary vocational education programs;
IPEDS forms the institutional sampling frame for other NCES postsecondary surveys. The completion of all IPEDS surveys is mandatory for institutions that participate in any federal student financial aid program. The survey includes research universities, state colleges and universities, private religious and liberal arts colleges, for-profit institutions, community and technical colleges, and non-degree-granting institutions such as beauty colleges. IPEDS collects data on postsecondary education in the U S. in seven areas: institutional characteristics, institutional prices, enrollment, student financial aid, degrees and certificates conferred, student persistence and success, and institutional human and fiscal resources.
Legal Definition list
- Integrated Plant Assessment - IPA [Energy]
- Integrated Pest Management
- Integrated Long-Term Care
- Integrated Crop Management
- Integrated Contract
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System [IPEDS]
- Integrated Public Alert and Warning System [IPAWS]
- Integrated Resource Management
- Integrated Resource Management Plan
- Integrated Resource Planning
- Integrated Safety Analysis – ISA [Energy]