International Organization Affairs [Department of State] Law and Legal Definition
The Bureau of International Organization Affairs (IO) is the U.S. government’s primary interlocutor with the United Nations, that act as a host of international agencies and organizations.
The bureau is functioning under the U.S. Department of State and is charged with advancing the President’s vision of robust multilateral engagement as a crucial tool in advancing U.S. national interests. The Bureau is responsible for developing the U.S. position on all subjects that come before international bodies, for preparing and laying before the missions, or delegations concerned, the instructions of the President, as to what they will do and how they will report and what positions they will take on the various issues that come up.
Legal Definition list
- International Organization
- International Oil Pollution Compensation Fund
- International Narcotics Trafficking
- International Narcotics Control Board
- International Monetary Fund
- International Organization Affairs [Department of State]
- International Organization for Migration
- International Parental Kidnapping
- International Person
- International Preliminary Examination Report
- International Preliminary Examining Authority