Interstate Compact on Adoption and Medical Assistance (ICAMA) Law and Legal Definition
Interstate Compact on Adoption and Medical Assistance (ICAMA) is a compact that has been adopted by the legislatures of compact member states to assess how membership in the ICAMA affects States’ efforts to protect the interests of special needs adopted children who move from one State to another.
The ICAMA established a formal mechanism to ensure that Title IV-E children continue to receive medical and other services on an interstate basis, as envisioned under the Adoption Assistance Act. The compact has the force of law within and among member States. Currently, more than 35 States are members of ICAMA.
Legal Definition list
- Interstate Compact on Adoption and Medical Assistance (ICAMA)
- Interstate Compact
- Interstate Communication
- Interstate Commission
- Interstate Commerce Commission
- Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC)
- Interstate Corrections Compact
- Interstate Fishery Management Plan
- Interstate Highway System
- Interstate Identification Index
- Interstate Merger Transaction