Investigative Hearing (Gaming Law) Law and Legal Definition
An investigative hearing is generally any hearing conducted by an authorized person or body to investigate in to a matter over which it has authority to do so. It is conducted to collect information or evidence with regard to the matter.
The following is an example of a state statute (Michigan) defining the term investigative hearing :
According to MCLS § 432.202, Investigative Hearing means “any hearing conducted by the board or its authorized representative to investigate and gather information or evidence regarding pending license applications, applicants, licensees, or alleged or apparent violations of this act or rules promulgated by the board”.
Legal Definition list
- Investigative Hearing (Gaming Law)
- Investigative Consumer Report
- Investigations and Hearings [Federal Communications Commission]
- Investigational New Drug [Food and Drugs]
- Investigating Official [Education]
- Investigative or Law Enforcement Officer
- Investigative or Litigating Function
- Investigatory Power
- Investing Country
- Investing Mortgagee [HUD]