Juvenile Drug Court Law and Legal Definition
A juvenile drug court is a drug court that focuses on juvenile delinquency matters and status offenses that involve juveniles who are substance abusers.
The term ‘juvenile drug court ’ is also used to refer to treatment programs organized by the juvenile court for juveniles charged with an offense who have alcohol or drug problems .
The following is an example of a state statute ()North Dakota) defining the term:
According to N.D. Cent. Code, § 27-20-02, "Juvenile drug court" means a program established in a judicial district consisting of intervention and assessment of juveniles involved in forms of substance abuse; frequent drug testing; intense judicial and probation supervision; individual, group, and family counseling; substance abuse treatment; educational opportunities; and use of sanctions and incentives.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Abbreviated Drug Application
- Abbreviated New Drug Applications [ANDA]
- Accidental Radiation Occurrence [Food and Drugs]
- Addictive Drug
- Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
- Administrative Office of the United States Courts (AO)
- Admiralty Court/Maritime Court
- Adult Court Transfer
- Adverse Drug Experience
- Aftercare (Juvenile)