National Center for Education Statistics [NCES] Law and Legal Definition
The National Center for Education Statistics [NCES] is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education in the U.S. The NCES is part of the U.S. Department of Education's Institute of Education Sciences (IES).
The functions of NCES include:
(1)addressing high priority education data needs;
(2)collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistics on education and public school district finance information in the U.S.;
(3)providing consistent, reliable, complete, and accurate indicators of education status and trends;
(4)reporting timely, useful, and high quality data to educate policymakers and data users.
(5)conducting international comparisons of education statistics; and
(6)providing leadership in developing and promoting the use of standardized terminology and definitions for the collection of education statistics.
Legal Definition list
- National Capital Region
- National Cancer Institute
- National Business Incubation Association
- National Board of Review
- National Benefits Center
- National Center for Education Statistics [NCES]
- National Center for HIV/AIDS, STD, and TB Prevention
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control
- National Center for Minority Health and Health Disparities
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing [CRESST]