National Revenue Center [TTB] Law and Legal Definition
The National Revenue Center (NRC) is a division of the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB). The NRC is charged with the responsibility of collecting tax revenues; screening applications; issuing permits and approving notices or registrations; reconciling returns, reports, and claims; and providing technical assistance to the TTB employees and industry members on related laws and regulations.
The NRC handles the Tax Services, Application Services, and Operations Services area of the TTB. The different functions that it performs in each of these services include:
Screens original applications to establish operations in the alcohol and tobacco industries. The NRC ensures that only eligible and legitimate companies and individuals are approved to engage in these regulated activities.
Screens amended applications to check if there is compliance with previously approved permits/registrations.
Maintains control of documents submitted to and generated by the NRC.
Provides administrative, statistical, and technological support relating to all operative aspects of the NRC.
Ensures full, fair, and proper collection of federal excise, special occupational, and floor stocks taxes due on alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and ammunition through examination and reconciliation of tax returns, production reports, and export documentation.
Examines claims filed for refund, credit, and allowance to determine the existence and legitimacy of proper documentation to support approval.
Provides settlement of tax (and penalties and interest) obligations in a fair and equitable manner.
Legal Definition list
- National Response Team
- National Response System
- National Response Center
- National Resident Matching Program [NRMP]
- National Research Center on English Learning and Achievement [CELA]
- National Revenue Center [TTB]
- National Rifle Association Foundation
- National Rifle Association of America
- National Safety Council [NSC]
- National School Lunch Act
- National School Lunch Program [NSLP]
Related Legal Terms
- Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding [USIP]
- Access Control List [National Security]
- Access Control Mechanism [National Security]
- Accessible Space [National Security]
- Accumulation plan [Internal Revenue]
- Activity of Multinational Enterprises
- Actuarial Present Value [Internal Revenue]
- Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate Course [Education]
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Air Force Technical Applications Center [AFTAC]