National Rifle Association of America Law and Legal Definition
The National Rifle Association of America or NRA, is non-profit (501(c)(4)) organization in the U.S. It was established in 1871 by George Wingate. The association aims to promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis. It also advocates for the protection of the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights.
Additionally, the NRA promotes firearm ownership rights, marksmanship, and firearm safety. It also protects hunting and self-defense in the U.S. The association works to promote the shooting sports among America's youth.
Legal Definition list
- National Rifle Association Foundation
- National Revenue Center [TTB]
- National Response Team
- National Response System
- National Response Center
- National Rifle Association of America
- National Safety Council [NSC]
- National School Lunch Act
- National School Lunch Program [NSLP]
- National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant (National SMART Grant) Program [Education]
- National Science Board