National School Lunch Act Law and Legal Definition
National School Lunch Act refers to the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act of 1946 that created the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) to provide low cost or free school lunch meals to qualified students through subsidies to schools.
The primary stated purpose of the act was to promote adequate nutrition among school-aged children, but a secondary purpose was to encourage domestic consumption of American agricultural products.
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) initiated by the act was established as a way to prop up food prices by absorbing farm surpluses, while at the same time providing food to school age children.
Legal Definition list
- National Safety Council [NSC]
- National Rifle Association of America
- National Rifle Association Foundation
- National Revenue Center [TTB]
- National Response Team
- National School Lunch Act
- National School Lunch Program [NSLP]
- National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant (National SMART Grant) Program [Education]
- National Science Board
- National Science Foundation
- National Sea Grant College Program