Natural Allegiance Law and Legal Definition
Natural allegiance is the allegiance that each and every citizen owes to his/her nation. It generally arises from membership by birth within a political society. Natural allegiance and obedience is an incident inseparable to every native-born citizen, because as soon as the citizen is born, s/he owes allegiance and obedience to the Sovereign.
In United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649, 709-710 (U.S. 1898), the court observed that natural allegiance was allegiance resulting from birth in subjection to the Crown, and indelibility was an essential, vital and necessary characteristic.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Acquired Allegiance
- Actual Allegiance
- Alaska Natural Gas Transportation Project
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Country of Former Allegiance [Immigration]
- County Program Committee [Natural Resources Conservation Service]
- Emergency Natural Gas
- Emergency Natural Gas Transaction
- Environment and Natural Resources Division