New Motor Vehicle Damage Disclosure Act Law and Legal Definition
New motor vehicle damage Act states that a motor vehicle dealer should notify the purchaser of a new motor vehicle in writing at the time of sale of any damage or damage repairs incurred by the new motor vehicle, regardless of whether the damaged portion was repaired or replaced to its predamaged condition.
Each year thousands of consumers, without their knowledge, purchase new motor vehicles in which have been damaged prior to sale. The Purpose of the Act is to assure, that purchasers of new motor vehicles, are made aware of any repairs made to their motor vehicle before they take title to it. Any violation of this Act shall constitute a violation under the Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law.
Legal Definition list
- New Motor Vehicle
- New Matter
- New Markets Venture Capital Company
- New Large Single Load
- New Insured Depository Institution
- New Motor Vehicle Damage Disclosure Act
- New or Different Article of Commerce
- New or Rehabilitated Multifamily Housing [Banks & Banking]
- New or Significantly Improved Technology
- New Partial Quiet Zone [Transportation]
- New Party in Presidential Election