Nursing Assistant Law and Legal Definition
Nursing assistant means an individual who under close supervision provides direct bedside care to patients and assist patients with activities of daily living. They generally assist the professional nursing personnel in providing patient care.
The duties performed by nursing assistants include: giving personal care to patients such as bathing and shampooing, preparing patients for meals and assisting them with meals, monitoring patients' pressure, recording vital signs such as temperature and blood of patients, assisting patients in and out of chairs and wheelchairs, assisting patients in collecting specimens, and transporting patients to other areas.
Nursing assistant is the entry level class in nursing services.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accelerated Nursing Degree Program
- Assistant Jurisdiction
- Assistant Presiding Arbitrator
- Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs
- Assistantship (Education)
- Associate Degree School of Nursing.
- Certified Legal Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Collegiate School of Nursing
- Diploma School of Nursing