Obstruction of Public Administration of Government Law and Legal Definition
Some of the crimes encompassed by obstruction of public administration of government include:
- Obstructing governmental operations. Refusal to permit inspection.
- Failing to file required report.
- Refusing to aid peace officer.
- Refusing to assist in fire control.
- Rendering a false alarm.
- False reporting to law enforcement authorities.
- Impersonating public servant.
- Impersonating peace officer.
- Tampering with governmental records.
- Unlawful use of great seal of state or printing of official identification card.
- Unlawful use of facsimile of official identification card.
- Terrorist threats.
Laws vary by state and the classifications of the above crimes may constitute various degrees of misdemeanors or felonies. Local laws should be consulted to determine the law applicable in your area.