Office of Community Oriented Policing Services Law and Legal Definition
Office of Community Oriented Policing Services or COPS is a component of the U.S. Department of Justice that advances the practice of community policing in America’s state, local, and tribal law enforcement agencies. The COPS office provides funding, training, and technical assistance related to community policing efforts.
The COPS was established in 1994 pursuant to theprovisions of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act.
The COPS provides community policing strategies to law enforcement agencies. Three new program of the COPS are:
Accelerated Hiring, Education, And Deployment (AHEAD).
Funding Accelerated for Smaller Towns (FAST).
Making Officer Redeployment Effective (MORE).
Legal Definition list
- Office of Communications Business Opportunities [Federal Communications Commission]
- Office of Commercial and Business Affairs [EEB/CBA] [Department of State]
- Office of Civil Rights [Department of State]
- Office of Citizenship [Immigration]
- Office of Chemical and Biological Weapons [CBW]
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services
- Office of Community Planning and Development [HUD]
- Office of Community Services [OCS]
- Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs [Department of Labor]
- Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Relations [HUD]
- Office of Consumer Litigation