Office of Intergovernmental Affairs [FCC] Law and Legal Definition
The Office of Intergovernmental Affairs (IGA) is an office working under the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that serves as the liaison to state, local, and tribal governments, and other federal regulatory agencies.
The IGA aims to :
a. foster a better understanding of FCC programs, policies, rules, and decisions;
b. facilitate a two-way exchange of information and communications on telecommunications issues; and
c. promote consultation, cooperation, and coordination in areas of overlapping jurisdiction.
In addition to the above intergovernmental affairs, the IGA is responsible for overseeing the work and activities of the Commission’s Intergovernmental Advisory committee and providing staff support to the Federal/State Joint Conference on Advanced Telecommunications Services.
Legal Definition list
- Office of Intelligence and Analysis [Department of Treasury]
- Office of Insular Affairs [OIA]
- Office of Inspector General [Labor]
- Office of Inspector General [HUD]
- Office of Inspector General [Federal Communications Commission]
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs [FCC]
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs [Federal Communications Commission]
- Office of Intergovernmental and Public Liaison [Department of Justice]
- Office of Justice Programs
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention [OJJDP]
- Office of Labor Management Standards [OLMS]