Office of Public Engagement [Immigration] Law and Legal Definition
The Office of Public Engagement (OPE) is a program office within the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) that coordinates and directs agency-wide dialogue with external stakeholders.
The OPE function include:
a. to collaborate with, and seeks feedback from, stakeholders to inform USCIS policies, priorities, and organizational performance reviews;
b. to facilitate open and transparent communication between the Agency, external stakeholders, and the customers they represent by sharing feedback, working with Agency leadership, coordinating follow-up, and reporting back to stakeholders; and
c. to work closely with other USCIS offices to support the implementation of highly visible outreach programs and public education initiatives.
The OPE is composed of three divisions:
a. The Community Relations and Engagement Division that is responsible for developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with community-based organizations, faith-based and advocacy groups, employer and employee associations, ESL/Civics instructors, international, business, legal, and law enforcement entities, and all other stakeholders who have daily interactions with the Agency and its customers;
b. Intergovernmental Affairs Division that advances outreach and communication with state, local, territorial, and tribal partners, including elected officials, associations, and other intergovernmental component offices; and
c. Protocol Division that identifies opportunities for engagement and collaboration across all lines of work to support USCIS priorities.
Legal Definition list
- Office of Public and Indian Housing
- Office of Public Affairs [HUD]
- Office of Public Affairs [Department of Justice]
- Office of Professional Responsibility [Department of Justice]
- Office of Privacy and Civil Liberties [Department of Justice]
- Office of Public Engagement [Immigration]
- Office of Refugee Resettlement [ORR]
- Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools
- Office of Safety Act Implementation
- Office of Science and Technology
- Office of Self-Governance (OSG)