Office of Work Place Diversity [FCC] Law and Legal Definition
The Office of Work Place Diversity (OWD) is a staff office of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The OWD handles diversity, equal employment opportunity, and affirmative employment matters.
The OWD functions include ;
a. taking steps to foster a diverse workforce ;
b. promoting and ensuring equal opportunity for all FCC employees and candidates for employment; and
c. developing the FCC’s affirmative employment goals and objectives.
The OWD equal employment opportunity aims :
a. to provide a full and fair opportunity for all employees, regardless of non-merit factors such as race, religion, gender, color, age, disability, sexual orientation or national origin;
b. to pursue a career in the Federal service and to advance based upon their performance and abilities; and
c. to enable all employees to carry out their duties in the workplace free from unlawful discriminatory treatment, including sexual harassment and retaliation for engaging in legally protected activities.
Legal Definition list
- Office of War Crimes Issues
- Office of Tribal Justice
- Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS)
- Office Of The United States Trade Representative (USTR)
- Office of the Under Secretary for Global Affairs [Department of State]
- Office of Work Place Diversity [FCC]
- Office of Work Place Diversity [Federal Communications Commission]
- Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP)
- Office on Violence Against Women
- Office Romance
- Office Security