Operation Garden Plot Law and Legal Definition
Operation Garden Plot refers to a general United States Army and National Guard plan designed to respond to major domestic civil disturbances within the U.S.
The Operation Garden Plot was developed in response to the civil disorders of the 1960s. The plan is under the control of the U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM). Main function of the plan is to provide federal military and law enforcement assistance to local governments during times of major civil disturbances. The acts include formulation of legitimizing doctrine, the training in the tactics and techniques of civil disturbance suppression, and the use of non-lethal weaponry.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Aerospace Control Operations
- Agreement on Border Environment Cooperation Commission
- Agricultural Aircraft Operation
- Aircraft Operations [Aeronautics and Space]
- Amalgamation of Operations [Transportation]
- Base Defense Operations Center (BDOC)
- Black Operation
- Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations [Department of State]
- Center for Post-Conflict Peace and Stability Operations [USIP]
- Certified Organic Handling Operation