Recovery Law and Legal Definition
Recovery is a term subject to different meanings. Recovery in a broad sense means the return of something lost. In the legal context, it refers to the amount of money and any other right or property awarded to a plaintiff in a lawsuit.
Recovery also commonly refers to the successful treatment of drug, alcohol and other addictions. Many recovery programs are based upon the twelve step program established by the founders of Alcoholics Anonymous. Understanding the concept that recovering alcoholics and addicts have underlying problems and issues that causes them to drink or become chemically dependent as a solution is critical to understanding the recovery process.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accelerated Cost Recovery System
- Agency Records [Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board]
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act [ARRA]
- At-Home Recovery
- Bail Fugitive Recovery Person
- Child Support Recovery Act of 1994
- Common Recovery
- Community Recovery
- Economic Recovery Tax Act
- Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989