Recreational Drug Law and Legal Definition
Recreational drug refers to any substance with pharmacologic effects that is taken voluntarily not for medicinal purposes, but for personal pleasure or satisfaction. For instance, alcohol and tobacco.
Following is an example of a case law on recreational drug:
‘Merely smoking marijuana, or drinking alcohol or taking any other recreational drug that may impair one's driving, while one is supposed to be working as a driver, is misconduct connected with the employment.’ [New Orleans Public Service, Inc. v. Masaracchia, 464 So. 2d 866, 868 (La. Ct. App. 1985)].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Abbreviated Drug Application
- Abbreviated New Drug Applications [ANDA]
- Accidental Radiation Occurrence [Food and Drugs]
- Addictive Drug
- Adverse Drug Experience
- AIDS Drug Assistance Programs
- Animal Drug Availability Act
- Animal Drug Product [Food and Drugs]
- Animal Drug User Fee Act of 2003 [ADUFA]
- Anti-Drug Abuse Act