Regional Exchange Law and Legal Definition
Regional exchange is a small stock and securities exchange that lists the stocks and securities of companies possessing a regional interest, in its geographic region. Regional exchanges are usually significantly smaller than exchanges that focus on listing stocks at the national level.
Many stocks listed on regional exchanges are not listed on national exchanges. However, regional exchanges also feature stocks which list both on the regional and the national exchange.
The three largest regional exchanges are the Midwest Stock Exchange, the Pacific Stock Exchange, and the Philadelphia-Baltimore-Washington Stock Exchange. The stocks sold over these exchanges are generally listed on NASDAQ.
Legal Definition list
- Regional Equity programs [Agriculture]
- Regional Emergency Transportation Coordinator [RETCO]
- Regional Economic Integration Organization
- Regional Disposal Facility [Energy]
- Regional Director of Motor Carriers
- Regional Exchange
- Regional Fuel Tax Agreement
- Regional Hospital Emergency Planning
- Regional Information Sharing Systems [RISS] Program
- Regional Jet Aircraft
- Regional Multilateral Development Bank