Regional Information Sharing Systems [RISS] Program Law and Legal Definition
Regional Information Sharing Systems Program or the RISS is a national program of regionally oriented services. The RISS aims to improve the local, state, federal, and tribal criminal justice agencies’ ability to:
Identify, target, and remove criminal conspiracies and activities spanning multijurisdictional, multistate, and sometimes international boundaries.
Improve coordination and communication among agencies that are in pursuit of criminal conspiracies determined to be interjurisdictional in nature.
Facilitate rapid exchange and sharing of information among the agencies pertaining to known suspected criminals or criminal activity.
The RISS supports a proactive, preventive approach, and offers services, tools, and resources to help law enforcement and criminal justice entities to identify, disrupt, and prevent terrorist and criminal activities.
The RISS Program is implemented in all 50 states of the U.S., the District of Columbia, U.S. territories, Australia, Canada, and England. RISS is the collective effort of six regional centers. While the RISS Centers operate independently and are tailored to support the unique needs of the region served, they also operate as a collective body to address national criminal justice issues.
Legal Definition list
- Regional Hospital Emergency Planning
- Regional Fuel Tax Agreement
- Regional Exchange
- Regional Equity programs [Agriculture]
- Regional Emergency Transportation Coordinator [RETCO]
- Regional Information Sharing Systems [RISS] Program
- Regional Jet Aircraft
- Regional Multilateral Development Bank
- Regional Mutual Aid
- Regional Offices (Immigration)
- Regional Plan (Health Care)
Related Legal Terms
- 8 A Program
- Ability One Program
- Abuse in Later Life Program [Department of Justice]
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) Program [Education]
- Accelerated Nursing Degree Program
- Access to Classified Information (Military)
- Adequate Information
- Administrative Program
- Advanced Placement Program
- Afterschool Care Program