Regulations Law and Legal Definition
Regulations are rules and administrative codes issued by governmental agencies at all levels, municipal, county, state and federal. Because they are adopted under authority granted by statutes, they are enforceable under the law and often include penalties for violations. Regulations are not as easily available as other laws, but the regulation-making process generally provides for their publication in governmental journals which supposedly give public notice.
Federal regulations are adopted according to the procedures in the Administrative Procedure Act (A.P.A.) and states usually model their procedures on the A.P.A. Regulations cover a wide variety of subject matters, but are not laws.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 2257 Regulations
- Arduous of Hazardous Positions [Civil Service Regulations]
- Code of Federal Regulations - CFR
- Commercial Regulations [Transportation]
- Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collision at Sea 1972 [COLREGS]
- Danger Pay Allowance [Department of State Standardized Regulations]
- Department of State Standardized Regulations [DSSR]
- Detail [Department of State Standardized Regulations]
- Development Regulations
- Disappearance (Immigration Regulations)