Relocation Assistance Law and Legal Definition
Relocation assistance is a kind of benefit offered to employees accepting work assignments in new locations. Assistance is in the form of moving costs, travel expenses, temporary lodging and home-buying/selling. However, relocation assistance awards are not claims for which a person can bring a lawsuit to recover.
The purpose of reallocation allowance is stated as follows:
To provide for uniform and equitable treatment of persons displaced from their homes, businesses, or farms by Federal and federally assisted programs and to establish uniform and equitable land acquisition policies for Federal and federally assisted programs. [91 P.L. 646].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Acquisition Assistance [Transportation]
- Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980
- Advisory and Assistance Services
- Advisory or Assistance Services [Energy]
- Agricultural Trade Development and Assistance Act of 1954
- AIDS Drug Assistance Programs
- Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance Recipient
- Anti-Terrorism Assistance Program [ATA]
- Antiterrorism Assistance
- Antitrust Mutual Assistance Agreement