Request For Correction Or Amendment [HUD] Law and Legal Definition

According to 24 CFR 16.2 [Title 24. Housing And Urban Development; Subtitle A. Office Of The Secretary, Department Of Housing And Urban Development; Part 16. Implementation Of The Privacy Act Of 1974], ‘request for correction or amendment’ means the request by an individual or guardian that the Department change (either by correction, addition or deletion) a particular record in a system of records which pertains to that individual.