Retired Public Employees Vision Care Program [RPEVCP] Law and Legal Definition
Retired Public Employees Vision Care Program (RPEVCP) provides for vision care benefits to the retired public employees. RPEVCP is a voluntary program funded by participating annuitants. The benefits are available to all the state and public agencies employees and their dependents. The benefits includes :
1.Routine eye care examinations
2.Contact lens coverage
The following is an example of the state statute (California) enumerating the purpose of the program:
Cal Gov Code § 22959.90 states the purpose of this part is to do all of the following :
1. Promote increased economy and efficiency in the provision of vision care benefits to retired members of public agencies, schools, and the university system.
2. Enable the public agencies, schools, and the university system, when those entities provide retirement benefits to their annuitants through the Public Employees' Retirement System, to use economies of scale to provide a vision care plan for their employees that is similar to those commonly provided to State of California employees, annuitants, and private industry, and as may be provided in other states.
3. Promote and preserve continued good health among members of public agencies, schools, and the university system.
Legal Definition list
- Retired Pay
- Retired Member of the Uniformed Services
- Retired Member of the Armed Forces
- Retention Award
- Retaliatory Tariff
- Retired Public Employees Vision Care Program [RPEVCP]
- Retiree [Education]
- Retirement Annuity
- Retirement Benefit
- Retirement Funds