Ryan White Program Law and Legal Definition
Ryan White Program is a federally funded program that provides medical treatment to people living with HIV/AIDS. The program was implemented pursuant to the Ryan White Care Act. Ryan White program aims to provide quality medical treatment for HIV/AIDS. The program is comprised of several parts through which funds are dispensed across the country. Ryan White Programs provide funds to state. Ryan White programs provide subsidized treatment when no other resources are available.
The Ryan White Care Act is named after a young boy Ryan, who died of AIDS. Ryan Wayne White was a U.S. teenager who was expelled from his middle school because of his HIV positive status. He became infected with HIV from a contaminated blood treatment.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 8 A Program
- Ability One Program
- Abuse in Later Life Program [Department of Justice]
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) Program [Education]
- Accelerated Nursing Degree Program
- Administrative Program
- Advanced Placement Program
- Afterschool Care Program
- Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services Program
- AIDS Drug Assistance Programs