Talent Listing Service Law and Legal Definition
Talent listing service is the service of providing to an artist directly or by referring him/her to another person, a list of prospective employment opportunities, or list of talent agencies who can guide to employment opportunities. The service can be provided by a person or an agency. Such agencies keep an artist’s portfolio for distribution or disclosure to a person represented as offering an audition or employment opportunity or to talent agencies. These listing services will be done for a fee.
Following is an example of a state statute [Cal Lab Code § 1701(g)] (California) defining the term ‘Talent Listing Service’.
(g) "Talent Listing Service" means “a person who, for a fee from, or on behalf of, an artist, provides or offers to provide, or advertises or represents itself as providing, an artist, directly or by referral to another person, with any of the following:
(1) A list of one or more auditions or employment opportunities.
(2) A list of talent agents or talent managers, including an associate, representative, or designee thereof.
(3) A search, or providing the artist with the ability to perform a self-directed search, of any database for an audition or employment opportunity, or a database of talent agents or talent managers, or an associate, representative, or designee thereof.
(4) Storage or maintenance for distribution or disclosure to a person represented as offering an audition or employment opportunity, or to a talent agent, talent manager, or an associate, representative, or designee of a talent agent or talent manager, of either of the following: (A) an artist's name, photograph, Internet Web site, filmstrip, videotape, audition tape, demonstration reel, resume, portfolio, or other reproduction or promotional material of the artist or (B) an artist's schedule of availability for an audition or employment opportunity”.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Acceptable Quality Level [Agricultural Marketing Service]
- Acceptance of Service Agreement
- Acceptance [Agricultural Marketing Service]
- Action for the Loss of Services
- Active Military Service
- Active Military, Naval, or Air Service
- Actuarial Services [Employee Retirement]
- Additional Health Services