Team Nutrition [USDA] Law and Legal Definition
Team Nutrition is an initiative of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) to support the Child Nutrition Programs in the U.S.
The Team Nutrition work through training and technical assistance for foodservice; nutrition education for children and their caregivers; and school and community support for healthy eating and physical activity. The purpose of the program is to improve children's lifelong eating and physical activity habits by using the principles of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the Food Guide Pyramid.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Action Team
- Air Search and Rescue Team
- Artificially Administered Nutrition
- Attendance Factor [Food And Nutrition Service]
- Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion [CNPP]
- Child Nutrition Act
- Compliance Buy [Food and Nutrition Service]
- Contractor Team Arrangement
- Correctional Emergency Response Team
- Cost Reimbursable Contract [Food And Nutrition Service]