Terrorist Screening Center Law and Legal Definition
The Terrorist Screening Center (TSC) is responsible for identifying suspected or potential terrorists. The Terrorist Screening Center maintains the U.S. government’s consolidated Terrorist Watchlist, which is a single database of identifying information about those known or reasonably suspected of being involved in terrorist activity.
By supporting the ability of front line screening agencies to positively identify known or suspected terrorists trying to obtain visas, enter the country, board aircraft, or engage in other activity, the consolidated Terrorist Watchlist is one of the most effective counterterrorism tools for the U.S. government. TSC is also dedicated to ensuring the data it stores is maintained in a manner consistent with protecting the privacy and civil liberties of Americans.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Agroterrorist Act
- Air Force Technical Applications Center [AFTAC]
- Application Support Centers
- Area Health Education Center Program (AHECP)
- Assessment Center [Education]
- Base Defense Operations Center (BDOC)
- Benefits Eligibility Screening Services (BESS)
- Biometric Center of Excellence [BCOE]
- Call Center