Translator Law and Legal Definition
Translators work only with written text. Translators read texts and rewrite them in the specified language. Literary translators work closely with authors when they can. Legal translators rewrite legal documents, such as laws. Translators of scientific material work with very technical language. They usually have a background in the subjects they translate.
In evidence, when a witness is unable to speak the English language to convey his ideas, a translation of his testimony must be made. In that case, an interpreter should be sworn to translate to him, on oath, the questions propounded to him, and to translate to the court and jury his answers.
Legal Definition list
- Transitory Wrong
- Transitory Action
- Transitional Yield
- Transitional Rehabilitation Services
- Transitional Living Youth Project
- Transloading [Transportation-Hazardous Material Regulation]
- Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol
- Transmission Customer
- Transmission of Assets
- Transmission Organization