Transportation Enhancement Activity Law and Legal Definition
According to 23 USCS § 101 [Title 23 Highways; Chapter 1 Federal-Aid Highways] transportation enhancement activity means "with respect to any project or the area to be served by the project, any of the following activities as the activities relate to surface transportation:
- Provision of facilities for pedestrians and bicycles.
- Provision of safety and educational activities for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Acquisition of scenic easements and scenic or historic sites (including historic battlefields). .
- Scenic or historic highway programs (including the provision of tourist and welcome center facilities). .
- Landscaping and other scenic beautification. .
- Historic preservation. .
- Rehabilitation and operation of historic transportation buildings, structures, or facilities (including historic railroad facilities and canals). .
- Preservation of abandoned railway corridors (including the conversion and use of the corridors for pedestrian or bicycle trails). .
- Inventory, control, and removal of outdoor advertising. .
- Archaeological planning and research. .
- Environmental mitigation-- (i) to address water pollution due to highway runoff; or (ii) [to] reduce vehicle-caused wildlife mortality while maintaining habitat connectivity. .
- Establishment of transportation museums."
Legal Definition list
- Transportation Document
- Transportation Disruption
- Transportation Contract
- Transportation Board
- Transportation and Storage Costs
- Transportation Enhancement Activity
- Transportation Law
- Transportation of Exports
- Transportation Security Administration [TSA]
- Transportation Security Incident
- Transportation Service Provider (TSP)
Related Legal Terms
- Abnormally Dangerous Activity
- Accountable Injury or Illness [Transportation]
- Acquisition Assistance [Transportation]
- Activity Drivers
- Activity of Multinational Enterprises
- Activity-Based Costing
- Administrative Takedown Funds [Transportation]
- Advance Gambling Activity
- After-Arrival Mandatory Directive [Transportation]
- Agricultural Activity